Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doing "IT" for a cause

Well ironman training is underway. I finally got the go ahead from my wife to do a full ironman. Problem is i don't know which one i'm going to do. You see it all depends if i can knock up my wife and get a bun in the oven.

The deal is this. I need to get it done before the next baby arrives. If she falls pregnant now then i have to do St George Utah. If we can put it off a few months then i can put it off a bit and do Louisville. The benefit of doing the latter is that the run is flat. As some of you might know i have some knee issues and would much prefer a flat run.

It was probably my success at austin this year that finally made the decision to do this as it made me believe i have the ability to do it. with an awesome time of 5:06:35.

I have also decided to raise money for the research and awareness  of Alzheimer's.  Jennifer's mother recently passed away after a long struggle with the disease. After seeing first hand what this disease does im not sure there is anything more heart wrenching than Alzheimer's.

Wish me luck, this is going to be a long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment