Monday, February 22, 2010

Into sunday and monday

So just a wrap up of the last two days. Yesterday ( sunday ) was my long run day. So it was 6 miles. I've been running and extra 0.5 mile every week to gain strength in my legs and not re-injure my knee.  Problem was woke up sunday morning and it was coming down in buckets. It really was raining hard and i know i'm hardcore, but running in the rain with my brand new brooks running shoes wasn't going to happen. And i really didn't feel like running on the treadmill again.

A friend of mine had invited me to run with his little group later in the day, after the rain had stopped. So that was what i did. As i got there i noticed that Jim was there. I haven't spoken about Jim before but he is basically my motivation. The day i had my first real brick training session was before the US Open race last year and Jim and i showed up to the same training session. Brent a mutual friend of ours gets these groups together for training every now and then. So anyway, back to the brick. It was a bike / run brick that was 36 mile bike / 3 mile run and Jim beat me by about 1.5 minutes on the bike, he was still in transition when i got there and we left out on the run around the neighborhood together. I felt really strong on my run and felt that i could take him on the the run if i wanted to.

From that day, its been a mission to beat Jim. Plain and simple, be faster than Jim. I probably need to mention at this point that as of now we have never raced against each other and as i got my knee injury last year Jim took a break from triathlon and focussed on his running as he ran the dallas rock & roll half mary. This was a perfect opportunity for me over the winter to concentrate on my cycling portion and from what i've seen now, it has paid off.

So the winter has come and almost gone, Jim and i have had 2 bike training sessions together and i certainly have the upper hand, especially on the hills. yesterdays long run was also interesting as we set off. Jim was doing 10 and i was doing 6. I was definitely a little quicker as i ran my first 3 miles in 23 minutes and my 2nd 3 miles in 24 minutes. finishing in 47:47 for the 6 miles i felt strong and think i can certainly continue my running at that pace. My plan is to run my 70.3 run portion at the same pace. apparently florida 70.3 is super flat and think i can definitely carry that speed through the race. I know i'm going to have to work hard but i'm sure i can do it.

wedding save the date cards


wedding invitations


cardstock


these are paid advertisements links. ( insurance )


P.S. Had my rocktape on for 4 days so far, friday off day, saturday 50 miles on bike, sunday 6 miles run, today 60 minutes on trainer. its still on and still going strong.


Weekly totals :

swim : swim tomorrow, race sim, 1.2 miles non stop
bike : 16 miles in 60 minutes recovery ride
run : 6 miles in 47:47




No comments:

Post a Comment