Friday, February 12, 2010

went to sleep in dallas and woke up in colorado


So went to sleep last night with it been snowing all day, just to make up and see that apparently it kept on snowing for some time.

yip.12.5" of snow. the worst snow fall dallas has had in the 111 years of data collection. I know for sure, i have been here for 5 years and the worst / best ive seen here is like 2 inches before today.

Other than that, its been a slow training week. Ive been pretty busy with work and baby. Kiera has kinda wanted more attention this week. we are looking into a mommy's day out that some of the churches offer in the area. They take them from 9-2 two days a week which would give me some much needed work time.

I am thinking about changing my 70.3 race date from june 27 to may 16th. ( lubbock, buffalo springs lake ) to IM 70.3 florida which is at disney world. My wife has no interest in going to lubbock texas for a weekend and we have a few friends in orlando and surrounding areas so we could turn that into a week long family trip.

I am pretty comfortable with the swim and bike distance, i just need to get my run going. I am up to 5 miles and am pushing it up slowly, going to 5.5 this sunday. i know i can run further than that but need to look after the knee, you know.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a lot of snow! It's not fun when there's that much... no matter where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Lubbock and Dallas and you are right, there is little reason to head to Lubbock unless you are a TT fan. I hope you are stocked up on good food for this weekend -- it will be a while before they can get all that snow off of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's snow is unbelievable. I can't believe you got that in Texas

    ReplyDelete