Thursday, November 12, 2009

I get to see my mom on friday night

Well, its thursday morning. I have been up with Kiera since 3:30 am after her feeding with mommy, I took over as Kiera doesn't go to sleep after her morning feeding so that mommy can go to sleep.

So i hung out in the lounge for a while watching tv. Once i thought that Kiera might be asleep i took her upstairs to the computer room and naturally, she was just playing with me and she was wide awake again. So i tried the little battery operated rocker and a little baby soothing music, which didn't work either.

Anyway, weve made it to 7 o'clock and she is hungry, thank heavens so i've handed her back to mommy for some more boob.

So you might be thinking, why is this post labelled something about me seeing my mom. Well, for those who don't know yet, i am actually and african american. you might say then, wow, you look really white, and so does Kiera. Well, i am a REAL african american. I was born in Cape Town South Africa. And i now live here in Dallas texas. Thus making me an african american.

Anyway, so i've been here for 5 years now and Jennifer and i decided it would be good idea to fly my mom over here to come and help us out with the baby. And seen as i haven't seen any of my family (besides an aunt of mine ) for 5 years now its quite a big deal and i'm sure when she sees her granddaughter she is going to pee her pants.

She gets here on friday night from south africa and i am really looking forward to it. My mom, like many texans has never travelled outside of the country and she is very excited as well. She is bringing us lots of our favorite south african goodies and i will be sue to tell you about all of them when they get here.

I cant wait, we are very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment