Sunday, January 17, 2010

SEO & SEM

So does anybody know what that means? Well if you don't, its search engine optimization and search engine marketing. If you already have an e-commerce website then you probably know what that is. If you don't then basically SEO and SEM is a way to market your website.

Alot of people around the world use google, yahoo and bing to search for products that they would like to buy, and if you have a good location on one of those sights, then you are probably generating money from that placement. I have a e-commerce site www.cricketstoreonline.com and a company called www.tastyplacement.com who is an Austin based SEO, web strategy company has asked me to do a small bit of advertising for them.

I plan to use SEO and SEM strategies to increase sales on my website so that i can generate as much money as possible. Whilst cricket is my one love and hopefully my career as well. I also love triathlon and hopefully will have triathlon e-commerce site up and running some time this year.

The problem is that its actually really complicated to figure out how to do it as google for example doesn't tell you exactly what is required to be listed at the top of the list and you need someone who knows what they are doing. Many factors about your website ( content, Programming etc ) are taken into account when ranking your website and being at the top is very important.

As you guys know, last year i quit my job so that i can work on starting my own business. As you also know i am now looking after our 12 week old daughter until this business starts making some money. I will be relying on SEO & SEM to make a success of my business.

I came across these guys and they really look like they know what they are doing. If you have a e-commerce site please go and have a look at these guys.


This is a paid advertisement.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment